Swim Fitness and Recreation Program
Develop your swimming skills with industry experts at the UWA Aquatic Centre
The UWA Aquatic Centre offers a range of programs that allow swimmers the opportunity to progress their skills in a friendly and challenging environment. The UWA Swim Fitness and Recreation Program runs on a term basis, operating at the UWA Aquatic Centre.
Term 3 Program: Term 3 Program runs between Monday 19 July – Saturday 25 September 2021
Click the headings below to see which program is the best fit. All programs are governed by the UWA Sport Programs Terms and Conditions.
- AquaFit is offered to swimmers 10 to 13 years of age for a 1 hour session, available Monday to Saturday at the UWA Aquatic Centre. Swimmers in AquaFit will be focused on developing their swimming technique of the four core strokes in a friendly and challenging environment with the aim to improve fitness and technique. Swimmers will be introduced to a range of aquatics skills from a number of Aquatic environments including survival and lifesaving skills.
- Teen Fit is offered to swimmers 13 to 15 years of age for a 1 hour 15 minutes session, available Monday to Saturday at the Aquatic Centre. Swimmers in Teen Fit will be focused on developing their swimming technique in all four core strokes through a range of fitness based exercises in a friendly and challenging environment. The main aim is to improve fitness and technique. This program is designed to be flexible and may be complementary to those participants who participate in other sports. Swimmers will be introduced to opportunities provided by our UWA affiliated clubs in a clinic setting.
- ChallengeFit is offered to swimmers 15 to 18 years of age for a 1 hour 30 minutes session, available Monday to Saturday at the UWA Aquatic Centre. Swimmers in ChallengeFit will focus on developing and strengthening their swimming technique in all four core strokes through a range of fitness and endurance based exercises in a friendly environment. This program is designed to be flexible and may be complementary to those who participate in other sports. Swimmers may be challenged with additional opportunities from our UWA affiliated clubs.
- SwimFit 18+
- Improve your fitness in the water! SwimFit is open to any swimmer who can swim at least 200m continual Freestyle with reasonable technique and does not require too much stroke correction in breaststroke or backstroke. The program caters for swimmers who are working towards swimming between 1 and 3 km in an hour.
- EnduroFit 18+
- Improve your fitness, strength and endurance. The 1.5 hour EnduroFit program is aimed at swimmers who would like to challenge themselves in an aquatic environment. With focus on swimming technique and fitness, this program is suitable for open water, triathlon and masters swimmers who are able to swim more than 3 km in a session.
- The Stingrays program is offered to swimmers 12 years and above. This program focuses on fitness and swimming skills for swimmers with diverse abilities, available on Saturday mornings at the UWA Aquatic Centre. This program is designed to be flexible and provide swimmers with a positive swimming experience.
Enrolment and payment options
Program enrolments can be made below and are to be paid in full prior to the commencement of the term/season. We've introduced a NEW streamlined enrolment system; click here to read the step-by-step guide. Please contact call 6488 2277 or email [email protected] if you have any questions or require assistance registering online.
- Fees must be paid at the time of booking
- Programs are booked by school term, not individually or by the month
- UWA do not hold sessions on Public Holidays
- Make-up lessons or credit notes are NOT available for sessions missed during the term
- All swimmers must be registered in the session they swim for legal and insurance reasons
- If your child has a medical condition that may impact on squads, or is a life-threatening condition, the UWA Aquatic Centre staff must be informed and parents must remain on the premises at all times
Changing or adding sessions
Please call the UWA Aquatic Centre on 6488 2277 to change or add sessions. If a session is being added, the additional fee will need to be paid at the time of booking.
Please refer to our Aquatics FAQs for information regarding our programs and services.
Keep in touch
We upload all our photos to Facebook and Instagram. Follow us so you can keep up to date.