UWA Kids Holiday Program
School holiday fun for kids aged 4 to 12 years at UWA
The UWA Kids Holiday Program is full of fun and excitement for children aged 4–12, run by an experienced team of enthusiastic and friendly leaders. With a focus on participation and having a good time, this program is excellent for introducing kids to new sports in a friendly, non-competitive environment, and for keeping them active and happy during the school holidays. All leaders are trained in a variety of sports and each holds a First Aid qualification and Working with Children check.
Want to be the first to find out when the new activity schedule is released? Sign up to the UWA Kids Holiday Program mailing list and be the first to receive updates.
"My kids had fun with their new friends and enjoyed the team building activities" - Nicole of Mosman Park
"It's an easy and fun all day activity while I am at work in the school holidays." - Natasha of Swanbourne
Summer Kids Holiday Program: Monday 4 January–Friday 29 January (excl. Australia Day Public Holiday)
- Daily $69 per child
- All sessions run from 9am to 4pm
- Drop off: 8–9am @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
- Pick up: 4–5.30pm @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Safety & Hygiene Practices (COVID-19 Impact)
We are putting in place extra hygiene and safety practices to ensure all our participants, families and staff members stay safe and healthy. Below outlines the practices we will be implementing to ensure we operate in a safe and controlled environment.
- Spectators, including parents and guardians, are asked to drop off and pick up children in the time periods outlined on the activity schedule. We ask that this is done promptly and without delay in our venues, to support social distancing practices.
- Hand sanitisers will be available in prominent places throughout our venues and all participants in the program are encouraged to use it before and after each sport activity throughout the day.
- Sharing of sporting equipment will be limited, and all equipment used in activities will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Activities will be located across multiple venues in an open-spaced setting, whereby limiting the amount of people in confined areas.
- The program will operate in a cashless environment, where no cash handling will take place at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre.
- Designated toilet facilities will be assigned to the program for children use only.
- All children, parents/guardians and staff attending the program MUST NOT ATTEND if they: have any flu-like symptoms; have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; have travelled internationally or have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and/or are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical heath conditions.
- UWA Sport encourages the use of the COVIDSafe app during our programs and throughout our venues.
How to Enrol
Standard enrolments for the Summer Kids Holiday Program open Monday 30 November.
To enrol please click on the "enrol online" button below and follow the prompts. All enrolments need to be completed online, at least 24 hours before each day of the program. This program is subject to the UWA Sport Program Terms and Conditions
Cashless payments will be mandatory for the program. *Please ensure you are using a desktop or laptop computer to enrol online*
For UWA Staff Salary Sacrificing, complete the enrolment form here and return to UWA Sport via email to [email protected].
If you are having trouble enrolling online, read our how to guide, or contact us at [email protected].
If you are interested in a tailored program for your children or teens, please email [email protected].
About the UWA Kids Holiday Program
At the UWA Kids Holiday Program, we aim to provide children with a highly supportive environment which nurtures a healthy lifestyle, positive social interactions, introduction to leadership qualities, development of motor skills and the concepts of sportsmanship and respect of others.
We look to achieve this through:
- Engaging children to a range of fun sports and games
- Providing an introduction to non-traditional sports
- Introduction to what UWA Sport has to offer
- Exposure to The University of Western Australia - a world Top 100 university
The UWA Kids Holiday Program is not eligible for the new child care subsidy. We apologise for any inconvenience this has on your family.
This program is subject to the UWA Sport Program Terms and Conditions.
The UWA Kids Holiday Program is based at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre, situated at the north end of The University of Western Australia’s Perth campus.
UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Car Park 1
35 Stirling Highway
Visitor parking is available in front of the centre.
Keep in touch
We upload all our photos to Facebook and Instagram. Follow us so you can keep up to date.