UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program
School holiday fun for kids aged 5 to 12 years at UWA
The UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program is full of fun and excitement for children aged 5–12, run by an experienced team of enthusiastic and friendly leaders. With a focus on participation and having a good time, this program is excellent for introducing kids to new sports in a friendly, non-competitive environment, and for keeping them active and happy during the school holidays. All leaders are trained in a variety of sports and each holds a First Aid qualification and Working with Children check.
Want to be the first to find out when the new activity schedule is released? Sign up to the UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program mailing list and be the first to receive updates.
"My kids had fun with their new friends and enjoyed the team building activities" - Nicole of Mosman Park
"It's an easy and fun all day activity while I am at work in the school holidays." - Natasha of Swanbourne
Current Program - UWA Perth
Spring Kids Sport Holiday Program: Tuesday 27 September - Friday 7 October 2022
- Suitable for children aged 5-12 years old
- Enrolments open Tuesday 30 August
- Daily $75 per child
- All sessions run from 9am to 4pm
- Drop off: 8:30–9am @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
- Pick up: 4–4.30pm @ UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
How to Enrol
Enrolments for the Spring Kids Sport Holiday Program open Tuesday 30 August
To enrol please click on the "enrol online" button for the program you would like to enrol in and follow the prompts. All enrolments need to be completed online, at least 24 hours before each day of the program. This program is subject to the UWA Sport Program Terms and Conditions
Cashless payments will be mandatory for the program. *Please ensure you are using a desktop or laptop computer to enrol online*
For UWA Staff Salary Sacrificing, complete the enrolment form here and return to UWA Sport via email to [email protected].
If you are having trouble enrolling online, read our how to guide, or contact us at [email protected].
If spaces become unavailable on the day/s you wish to enrol your kid/s into the program, you can register onto our waitlist by emailing [email protected].
About the UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program
At the UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program, we aim to provide children with a highly supportive environment which nurtures a healthy lifestyle, positive social interactions, introduction to leadership qualities, development of motor skills and the concepts of sportsmanship and respect of others.
We look to achieve this through:
- Engaging children to a range of fun sports and games
- Providing an introduction to non-traditional sports
- Introduction to what UWA Sport has to offer
- Exposure to The University of Western Australia - a world Top 100 university
Due to the nature of the program, the UWA Kids Sport Holiday Program is not eligible for the child care subsidy.
Management of Medical ConditionsWe endeavour to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment in which children will experience new and known sports in an inclusive environment. If your child has any medical condition which may affect their participation in our Program, please let us know as soon as possible.
If your child suffers from anaphylaxis or serious allergies, you must supply their ASCIA Action Plan and fill out the UWA Sport Anaphylaxis Management Plan and return the completed form to program[email protected].
If your child suffers from asthma requiring medication, you must supply their NAC Asthma Action Plan and fill out the UWA Sport Asthma Management Plan and return the completed form to [email protected].
If your child suffers from minor asthma, allergy or other illness, you must fill out and return the UWA Sport Asthma Management Plan, UWA Sport Anaphylaxis Management Plan or UWA Sport Other Illness Management Plan as necessary and return the completed form to [email protected].
UWA Sport do not have emergency medication on hand and will only assist in administering medication outlined in the provided Management Plans and in line with our medical policies.
Safety & Hygiene Practices (COVID-19 Impact)
We are putting in place extra hygiene and safety practices to ensure all our participants, families and staff members stay safe and healthy. Below outlines the practices we will be implementing to ensure we operate in a safe and controlled environment.
- Spectators, including parents and guardians, are asked to drop off and pick up children in the time periods outlined on the activity schedule. We ask that this is done promptly and without delay in our venues, to support social distancing practices.
- Hand sanitisers will be available in prominent places throughout our venues and all participants in the program are encouraged to use it before and after each sport activity throughout the day.
- Sharing of sporting equipment will be limited, and all equipment used in activities will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Activities will be located across multiple venues in an open-spaced setting, whereby limiting the amount of people in confined areas.
- The program will operate in a cashless environment, where no cash handling will take place at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre.
- Designated toilet facilities will be assigned to the program for children use only.
- All children, parents/guardians and staff attending the program MUST NOT ATTEND if they: have any flu-like symptoms; have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; have travelled internationally or have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and/or are at a high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical heath conditions.
- UWA Sport encourages the use of the COVIDSafe app during our programs and throughout our venues.
UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Car Park 1
35 Stirling Highway
Visitor parking is available in front of the centre
Keep in touch
We upload all our photos to Facebook and Instagram. Follow us so you can keep up to date.