UWA Sport 8-Week Challenge
Accept the challenge and achieve your goals!
A specialised challenge to suit your goals. Choose from weight loss transformation or muscle building performance categories.
8-Week Training Program to help you reach your goals.
Nutritional guidelines, including personalised macronutrient and calorie counting methods.
Exclusive access to the UWA Sport 8 Week Challenge Facebook Group including weekly tips, mini challenges, exercise demo videos, recipes, ongoing support, motivation and more!
Welcome pack including goodies from UWA Sport and our partners.
A spot at our Check-In Day on Saturday 24 July, 10am-12pm to complete your pre-challenge benchmarking and goal setting.
Plus, the top performers from both weight loss transformation and muscle building performance categories will win prizes valued at over $500!
Current Program – 8-Week Challenge
26 July–19 September
Regardless of your current fitness level or ability, the UWA Sport 8-Week Transformation Challenge will set you well on your way to accomplishing your goals.
Receive fitness and nutrition guidance, motivation and accountability from our UWA Sport trainers and your peers to achieve the results you desire.
Plus, attend our Check-In Day on Saturday 24 July from 10am–12pm to go in the running to win prizes worth over $500!
Ready to take on the challenge? Visit our friendly team at the UWA Fitness Centre or contact us on [email protected] to sign up today!
Registrations open Monday 5 July and close Wednesday 21 July 2021.
Early Bird Pricing (5 July–11 July)
- Gym Member: $49
- Non-Gym Member: $89*
- Gym Member: $79
- Non-Gym Member: $119*
Standard Pricing (From 12 July)
- Gym Member: $59
- Non-Gym Member: $99*
- Gym Member: $89
- Non-Gym Member: $129*
*all Non-Gym Member purchases include 8 weeks' access to the UWA Gym.
This program is subject to the UWA Sport Programs Terms and Conditions. UWA Fitness Centre Memberships included in 8-Week Challenge packages are subject to the UWA Sport Membership Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can register?
- The 8 Week Challenge is available to all members and non-members. Non-members can register for the program by signing up with the non-member registration package that includes both the challenge and gym access during the 8-week period. You must be at least 16 years of age before registering in the 8 Week Challenge. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign your registration and complete a Pre-Exercise Questionnaire on your behalf.
All fitness levels are welcome, whether beginner, intermediate or advanced; this challenge is tailored to you!
- What is included in the 8-Week Challenge?
- Your registration in the UWA Sport 8-Week Challenge includes:
- 8-week periodised training program
- The ability to choose your programs based on your goals - weight loss transformation or muscle gain performance
- 8-week nutritional guidance, including personalised macronutrient and calorie counting methods, meal prep and healthy eating tips.
- First place and runner up prizes for both male and female competitors in each category
- Exclusive access to the UWA Sport 8 Week Challenge Facebook Group for ongoing support, tips, recipes, exercise demo videos and more.
- Before/after photos and measurements to track your results.
- Initial goal setting with a fitness professional.
- End of Challenge event and award ceremony for all participants
- Non-members also receive 8 weeks' unlimited access to the UWA Fitness Centre.
- Which category should I enter?
- Your fitness goals and desired results will determine the challenge category you should enter. If you are looking to lose weight, get lean and transform, you should choose the weight loss transformation category. If you are looking to build muscle mass, improve strength and athletic performance, then the muscle gain performance category is for you. If you are unsure what category that would best suit your goals, reach out to one of our Fitness Professionals.
- Do I need a Personal Trainer?
- We highly recommend engaging the services of one of our Personal Trainers to provide you the best guidance and accountability throughout the challenge, which can lead to greater results. If you're interested in engaging a Personal Trainer for the duration of the Challenge, browse our Trainers and get in touch to kick-start your results. Prices for additional PT sessions may vary.