UWA Sports Week
UWA Student Guild and UWA Sport bring you UWA Sports Week
UWA Sports Week has been cancelled. To learn more about our response to COVID-19, click here
UWA Sports Week
At the University of Western Australia, sport plays a central role in the lives of students and promotes a healthy campus culture. Whether you're training for a gold medal or looking for a spin, dance or yoga class, UWA Sport offers programs and membership options to suit everyone.
UWA Week 5 (23-27 March) is Sports Week, the perfect opportunity to discover all of the sport available to you on campus.
Kick-start your day with a yoga class, or join one of our 30 clubs; the choice is up to you. You can grab a group of mates and test out your skills in squash, basketball, or tennis on one of our many courts with free indoor and outdoor court hire across the week.
Where: UWA Perth Campus
- Guild President's XI vs Vice Chancellor's XI Cricket Match!
It's Staff vs Students in a showdown for the ages. A battle of strength and wits on the ultimate proving ground: the James Oval cricket pitch. That's right; it's the annual traditional Guild President's XI vs Vice Chancellor's XI Cricket Match!
Location: James Oval
Time: Monday 23 March 12.30-4pm
- Sport Club Carnival
- From AFL to Waterpolo, Kendo to Rugby and everything in between, there’s a sport club for everyone at UWA. Discover your club at the Sport Club Carnival.
Location: Oak Lawn
Time: Tuesday 24 March 12pm-2pm
- Interfaculty v Intercollege sport
- Show your colours! Interfaculty participants will challenge intercollege participants in a game for bragging rights.
Location: UWA James Oval
Time: Wednesday 25 March 4pm-6pm
- Women in Sport Breakfast
- In partnership with the UWA Guild Women’s Department, the Women in Sport Breakfast is a morning of networking and celebration of the achievements of women in sport. Hear from guest speakers on their experiences and involvement in sport.
Location: UWA Watersports Complex
Time: Thursday 26 March 7am-9am
$15 tickets will be on sale from Monday 2 March, with limited spots available.
- UWA Splash and Chill
- Make the most of the UWA Aquatic Centre with free pool entry and a chill out zone. Grab your mates, bathers, and head down for an afternoon by the pool.
Location: UWA Aquatic Centre
Time: Thursday 26 March 12pm-2pm