UWA West Coast Swimming Club provides an inclusive swim program catering for swimmers of all levels from beginners through to School, State, and National Level athletes, as well as aspiring Olympians. The Club enjoys the use of world-class facilities at HBF Stadium, Mt Claremont with training pools also available within the UWA School of Sports Science, Exercise and Health. As a swimming club, UWSC aims to promote and encourage participation in swimming. The Club is the leading swimming club in Western Australia in the support of multi-class swimming.
Training and Coaching
UWSC is fortunate enough to have highly experienced coaches with a proven track record of success in coaching and training swimmers at any level. The description of each squad and its associated weekly training times are available on the Club's website along with training venues. Both morning and evening sessions are typically offered.
Membership for UWA West Coast Swimming Club includes membership with Swimming WA and covers a 12-month period from 1st October through to 30th September the following year, although swimmers can join at any time during the year. New members will need to be assessed by a Club coach in order to be placed in the most appropriate squad. Membership prices vary per squad.
All members of Swimming WA have access to the following (among other items):
- Comprehensive insurance when engaging in club activities.
- Online entries for all competitions through My Swim Results.
- Early access to SWA merchandise.
- State Performance Pathway Programme for identified swimmers.
- Subscription to the monthly e-newsletter the Western Swimmer.
- Protection via the Safe Sport Framework
- Exclusive member discounts and functions.