Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert
UWA Sport, as part of UWA, is continuing to take a proactive approach to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert.
Last updated: Monday 23 March, 12pm
Following the Australian Governments announcement on Sunday 22 March to close all sporting facilities from midday Monday 23 March – the majority of UWA Sport programs and services have been suspended and access to University sport and fitness facilities restricted for the foreseeable future. Some exemptions apply and specific program or service information is provided below.
However we remain committed to supporting our community to stay active during this period so we are currently working on a range of online training tips and programs to keep you moving. In addition, the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre change rooms remain open for those wishing to engage in informal activity such as jogging or walking. Social distancing practices apply and remember to follow healthy hygiene habits.
At this stage we are unsure how long the changes will be in place but regular updates will be provided on this web page.
In line with UWA, we will continue to meticulously monitor updates from the Australian Government, among other sources and guidelines, and are committed to reassessing the situation and adjusting our plans accordingly.
The university also has a dedicated COVID-19 FAQ web page that is the primary source for detailed and up-to-date information .
Thank you for your patience and continuing to place your trust in us.
Suspended and cancelled activities
It is with a great sense of regret that we must suspend and cancel the following activities at UWA Sport, until further notice.
- Gym memberships, all memberships suspended from midnight Sunday 22 March
- All Aquatics programs, including all lessons and squads, suspended from Sunday 22 March
- Social Sports, suspended from Monday 23 March
- Summer Recreate Short Courses, cancelled
- Autumn Recreate Short Courses, cancelled
- Autumn Kids Holiday Program, cancelled
- Interfaculty Sport, suspended from Monday 23 March
- Intercollege Sport, suspended from Monday 23 March
- University Basketball League, suspended
- National Team UWA tours and events
- Club training and regular bookings, suspended
- UWA Sports Week, Super Saturday and other UWA Sport events, cancelled
- Paddling Gold short courses
Closed and restricted venues
UWA Sport has implemented temporary closures and restrictions across all sports venues, effective midnight, Monday 23 March, until further notice.
This will apply to:
- UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre (inc. Fitness Centre, UWA Sports Hall and outdoor courts), closed
- UWA Aquatic Centre (all pools), closed
- UWA Watersports Complex (inc. all equipment sheds), closed
- UWA Boatshed, closed
- James and Riley Oval, UWA Perth Campus, closed
- UWA Sports Park (all ovals, fields, courts and turfs), closed
- International Martial Arts Centre, closed
- UWA Affiliate Club rooms (all locations), closed
- All meeting and function rooms, closed
- All other indoor venues managed by UWA Sport, closed
We will not be taking any new venue bookings at this stage, but we will keep you up-to-date with the latest information on this web page.
All common areas, such as change room facilities, will display current capacity restrictions.