Brand Ambassador Program
At the University of Western Australia, sport plays a central role in the lives of students and promotes a healthy campus culture. We are on the lookout for student ambassadors who can help bring the UWA Sport brand to life. We believe that by working together, we can bring the value of sport to life across the university and in the wider community.
Brand Ambassador Program
As an ambassador, your role will be to help bring the UWA Sport brand to life. You will form an integral part of the UWA Sport Marketing, Communications and Events team providing assistance in the promotion of UWA Sport products and services, and the spread of positive brand awareness across campus.
We are open to any creative ideas that you may have, so please don't hesitate to let us know if you think of ways that you would like to support UWA Sport and our products and services as part of the UWA Sport Ambassador program.
A range of opportunities are available for you to take ownership of:
- UWA Sport Events Assistants
- UWA Sport brand ambassadors assist the UWA Sport Events team by bumping in/ bumping out event spaces, briefing and supervising casual staff and ensuring events run to schedule.
- UWA Sport brand ambassadors represent UWA Sport at internal and external events by networking and sharing their positive experiences with sport on campus.
- UWA Sport brand ambassadors attend student facing events with UWA Sport event staff to chat to current and prospective students and the opportunities to engage with sport on campus.
- UWA Sport Program Ambassadors
- UWA Sport brand ambassadors attend relevant expos and secondary school visits with the aim of providing peer-to-peer advice to future students about the Student Athlete Development program, and the importance of Sport in student life.
- UWA Sport brand ambassadors provide personal testimonials and share their experiences engaging with Sport on campus.
- UWA Open Day and O-Week Event Assistants
- All UWA Sport brand ambassadors take part in O-Week and Open Day activities by leading tours of the Recreation and Fitness Centre, sharing your experiences engaging with sport at UWA with visitors and assisting with activity set up and pack down.
- Event Photographers
- Attend UWA Sport events to capture experiences for both digital distribution and print media.
- Capture photography for use across UWA Social channels – both live updates and for retrospective use.
- Attend UWA Sport events and report on content liv through social media.
- Attend events and report on events to the UWA Sport Media team to help them create accurate news stories.
- Social Media Leaders
- Showcase the UWA Sport community across the Facebook and Instagram channels.
- Attend UWA Sport events and share your student experiences across social channels.
UWA Sport Ambassadors will meet the following expectations:
- You will be someone who currently engages with UWA Sport, and is passionate about all things sport and fitness on campus.
- You will be passionate about UWA Sport and willing to share your experiences
- You will possess excellent communication skills with the demonstrated ability to employ appropriate language
- You will possess interpersonal and teamwork skills with the demonstrated ability to work with and relate to a range of people from different cultural and educational backgrounds, and of different age groups
- You will possess good organisational and time management skills
- You will have the ability to be proactive and show initiative with minimal supervision
- Opportunities and support to gain leadership skills and experience in public speaking
- Opportunities to gain hands on experience in marketing and communications to add to your CV
- Networking opportunities with UWA Sport staff and UWA decision makers
- Accredited volunteering hours on your UWA Academic Transcript
- Meet like-minded UWA students passionate about sport and fitness