Kids Holiday Program
School holiday fun for kids aged 4 to 12 years at UWA
Our Kids Holiday Programs are fun and exciting multi-sport day camps for children aged 4–12 that are run by an experienced team of enthusiastic and friendly leaders. With a focus on participation and having a good time, this program is excellent for introducing kids to new sports in a friendly, non-competitive environment, and for keeping them active and happy during the school holidays. All leaders are trained in a variety of sports and each holds a First Aid qualification and Working with Children check.
Check it out! You can now enrol your child/ren online with our online platform MyUWASport. Simply click 'enrol online' and follow the prompts, or read the step-by-step guide here
Philosophy of UWA Kids Holiday Program
At the UWA Kids Holiday Program, we aim to provide children with a highly supportive environment which nurtures a healthy lifestyle, positive social interaction, introduction to leadership qualities, development of motor skills and the concept of sportsmanship and respect of others.
We look to achieve this by:
- Providing a safe and friendly environment
- Exposure to a range of fun sports and games
- Introduction to non-traditional sports
- Exposure to what UWA Sport has to offer
- Exposure to The University of Western Australia – a world Top 100 university
Our holiday program is based at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre, which is the hub for all things Kids Sport.
We have access to:
- UWA’s historic sporting fields including James Oval and Riley Oval
- The Swan River, serviced by UWA Sport’s Water Sports and Leadership Centre
- UWA Aquatic Centre
- Beautifully maintained gardens of the UWA campus
- UWA’s Sports Hall within the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
- A collaboration with the UWA School of Sport Science, Exercise and Health, providing practical education opportunities
- State-of-the-art sporting equipment.
Autumn 2018 Holiday Program: Monday 16 - Friday 27 April | * Does not run Anzac Day (25 April)
- Daily $65
- Special $260 (5 days for the price of 4)
- All sessions run from 8am to 5pm
- 8-9am drop off and morning parent play (so you can have some fun too before heading off to work)
- 4-5pm Pick Up (Please call reception if you are running late)
- Special daily marquee events focussing on specific sports
In addition to the daily events listed in the activity schedule, we encourage outdoor play and have structured games, sports and activities balanced throughout your child's day with us.
Our summer program has been extended to provide your child with the opportunity to experience more sporting activities than ever before. For more information, check out the activity schedule below.
Register your child
Enrolments for the Autumn 2018 Program will open Monday 19 March.
To enrol your child/ren in the UWA Kids Holiday Program, please follow the prompts in the link below.
Once you have enrolled your child/ren, you will receive a confirmation email in regards to your registration, which will include all the details for online payment.Back to top
All the information you will need to know for your kids time here at UWA Sport can be found below. We really look forward to seeing you soon!
The UWA Kids Holiday Program is based at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre situated at the north end of The University of Western Australia’s Perth campus.
UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Car Park 1
35 Stirling Highway
Visitor parking is available in front of the centre.
Child Care Benefit available
The UWA Kids Holiday Program is a 'registered child care' program, and parents/guardians can claim the Child Care Benefit (CCB) (fact sheet below including available payments/rates). Please note this program is not an 'approved child care' and therefore not eligible for the Child Care Rebate (CCR). The Child Care Benefit must be claimed by the parent/guardian and rebates cannot be paid directly to UWA Sport. UWA Sport will provide a child care receipt to assist with your claim.
How to claim
Child care receipts are issued following the conclusion of the program. These can be submitted to the Family Assistance Office to claim the childcare benefit.
Keep in touch
We upload all our photos to Facebook and Instagram. Follow us so you can keep up to date.