UWA Kids Holiday Program
School holidays fun for kids aged 4 to 12 years at UWA
Our Kids Sports Holiday Programs are fun and exciting multi-sport day camps for children aged 4–12 that are run by an experienced team of enthusiastic and friendly leaders. With a focus on participation and having a good time, this program is excellent for introducing kids to new sports in a friendly, non-competitive environment, and for keeping them active and happy during the school holidays. All leaders are trained in a variety of sports and each holds a First Aid qualification and Working with Children check.
Spring 2017 Holiday Program: Tuesday 26 September - Friday 6 October 2017
Philosophy of UWA Kids Sports Holiday Program
At the UWA Kids Sports Holiday Program, we aim to provide children with a highly supportive environment which nurtures a healthy lifestyle, positive social interaction, introduction to leadership qualities, development of motor skills and the concept of sportsmanship and respect of others.
We look to achieve this by:
- Providing a safe and friendly environment
- Exposure to a range of fun sports and games
- Introduction to non-traditional sports
- Exposure to what UWA Sport has to offer
- Exposure to The University of Western Australia – a world Top 100 university
Our holiday program is based at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre, which is the hub for all things Kids Sport.
We have access to:
- UWA’s historic sporting fields including James Oval and Riley Oval
- The Swan River, serviced by UWA Sport’s Water Sports and Leadership Centre
- UWA Aquatic Centre
- Beautifully maintained gardens of the UWA campus
- UWA’s Sports Hall within the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
- A collaboration with the UWA School of Sport Science, Exercise and Health, providing practical education opportunities
- State-of-the-art sporting equipment.
Enrolments for the Spring 2017 program now open!
New to the program:
- Early drop-off and late pick-up options
- Morning parent play (so you can have some fun too before heading off to work)
- Special daily marquee events focussing on specific sports
- Receive a 10% discount if you enrol for the entire week
8am - 5pm
In addition to the daily events listed in the activity schedule, we encourage outdoor play and have structured games, sports and activities balanced throughout your child's day with us.
The Spring Activity Schedule is now available for download.
Register your child
Enrolments for the Spring 2017 program are now open!
To enrol your child in the UWA Kids Sports Holiday Program, download the form below, complete the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it to reception staff at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre.
Once you have enrolled your child, you will receive a confirmation email in regards to your registration, which will include all the details for online payment.
You can download the enrolment form and full program brochure below.
Download the parents' handbook below for all the information on UWA Kids Sports holiday program for parents and carers.
What to bring
Ensure your child brings a hat, water bottle and food for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Where to go
The UWA Kids Sports Holiday Program is based at the UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre situated at the north end of The University of Western Australia’s Perth campus.
UWA Recreation and Fitness Centre
Car Park 1
35 Stirling Highway
Paid visitor parking is available in front of the centre.
Child Care Benefit available
The UWA Kids Sports Holiday Program is a 'registered child care' program, and parents/guardians can claim the Child Care Benefit (CCB) (fact sheet below including available payments/rates). Please note this program is not an 'approved child care' and therefore not eligible for the Child Care Rebate (CCR). The Child Care Benefit must be claimed by the parent/guardian and rebates cannot be paid directly to UWA Sport. UWA Sport will provide a child care receipt to assist with your claim.
How to claim
Child care receipts are issued following conclusion of the program. These can be submitted to the Family Assistance Office to claim the childcare benefit.
Keep in touch
We upload all our photos to Facebook and Instagram. Follow us so you can keep up to date.